Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's in a Name?

The students at our school get to choose their own English name. Although we don't condone it, these are some of the more interesting/ridiculous that they have come up with...

Jesus
Mohammad Ali
Pumpkin
Tomato
James Bond
Captain
Jack
Sparrow
Doughnut
Mr. Egg
Chicken
Duck
Spoon
Hello
Miss Money Penny
Hobbit
Bono
Mr. Hamburger
Potter
Serious
Captain Hook
Break

As you can imagine, saying "Mr. Egg, sit down and stop being silly!", feels a little insane to say the least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes a nice change for the 'alternative' english names I have for some of my students hehe. Thank god you guys blogged again- I was having withdrawal symptoms. I really wish Brett had introduced me to you Cindy when you were over here- you guys make me laugh :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry... From Kelly J. xx

Anonymous said...

Do Captain, Jack and Sparrow all act up at the same time so that you have to say, "Captain, Jack, Sparrow, sit down!"? If so, they are genius. :)
Cara

Anonymous said...

Cara, no they don't act up.. but they do all sit next to each other and giggle when I call the role.
Brett