Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Strange Day!

12:45am- go to bed

12:50am- complain to Brett about the mosquitos in the bedroom

12:51am to 6:29am- bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......swat at mosquitos, roll over, swat mosquitos, hide under covers, covers are too hot, take off covers, swat at mosquitos.....repeat.

6:30am-decide to give up and just get up. Note the four mosquito bites on/close to rear end. Think about how it is weird that mosquito bites are not itchy here.

6:31 eat healthy breakfast......feel proud of healthy breakfast

7:00-9:00- prepare for new class I am teaching today. I have to teach the Korean teachers how to teach writing. I was given no guidelines or book to follow. I was told to just get ideas from my brain. Realize I have no brain. Mosquitos must have sucked it out.

9:00- get really sick. Curse healthy breakfast.

9:05-11:05- accidentally fall asleep for two hours.

11:06- PANIC over missed time due to nap. Wake up Brett. Make fun of him for swearing he would be up by 8am.

11:07-1:00 Lunch, get ready for school, feel sick......curse healthy breakfast.

1:01 walk to school. Need coffee, coffee coffee...coffeeeeeeee. Have coffee. Feel sick. Curse coffee and healthy breakfast.

2:00 teach new class. They are VERY quite. Only one teacher talks. No participation. PANIC over no participation. Sweat through my shirt. Talk really fast. Explain how to make a lesson plan. Have nothing on my plan left to teach...look at clock, still 15 minutes of class left. PANIC! ummmmmmmmm.

2:45 go for tea with Brett......but restaurant has only korean writing. Take 15 minutes to figure out how to tell employee what drink I would like.....she says back "Oh yes a green tea mochaccino". Sigh.

4:10 teach class. A student tells me my hair is fluffy. Another one asks me why I am so tall. A boy named Harry tells me he never eats poo. No idea what to say to that.

5:50 teach class. Confiscate notes with drawings of guns on them. Teach adjectives. Confiscate eraser. Teach adjectives again. Confiscate shoe. Rearrange seating plan. Threaten detentions. Bell rings. Boy named Doughnut says "Teach-ah, I hav-uh da dentis right now" and smiles his braces at me. I say "Oh does the dentist hurt?" He gives me strange look and says "no-ah???"

5:51 see Doughnut go into the detention room. Realize he said he had detention, not the dentist.

7:00 Brett calls to say his visa papers are finally ready and he can go to Japan tomorrow to get his visa.

7:30 Brett calls to say that he is actually leaving tonight.

8:00 get home, help Brett organize. Korean helper comes over to help him do the application form and take him to the train station.

8:45 Brett leaves. Feel weird about being alone for first time in months. Sit on couch and feel sad.

9:20 Brett calls to see if he can borrow my alarm clock. Huh?? When asked how he would get my alarm clock, he reports he is still downstairs. Why? He doesn't really say. No longer feel sad. Think boys are strange.

10:00 dance to new Pink song.
10:02 dance to new Pink song.
10:04 dance to new Pink song.
10:06 dance to new pink song.

10:08 sing loudly
10:10 sing loudly
10:12 sing loudly and dance

10:14 body reminds me I have been feeling sick all day. Curse healthy breakfast.

10:16 watch Korean television. Curse our stolen internet connection for not working.

11:00 need to eat but feel sick. SOMEHOW I manage to eat 3 Tim Tams. Poor me.

11:02 feel disgusted by old man clearing his throat and spitting over and over again somewhere near our window.

12:18 talk to Brett on phone. Miss Brett. But then remember I will have the WHOLE bed to myself. Think about how only my bottom will be there to get bitten by mosquitos. Feel annoyed.

12:19 internet is working! Yay! Write blog. Remember that tomorrow is market day and will need to get up early. Better go to bed. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Let the mosquito hunt begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, Cheer up, One thing about Brett, he always comes back!!! besides, hehehe we havent seen him for months. Hope you are feeling better and that the mozzies havent carried you away in the night. We are off to Augusta for the day, should be nice. Take care, Graeme and Margaret xx

Anonymous said...

Cindy there could be worse thing to deal with other than mosiqitos. There could be rats or bats. Love Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy, havent heard from you or brett in a few days, hope all is well?????? Graeme and margaret

Dan Henrickson said...

I was laughing out loud this entire blog!

But, somehow my computer must have had some problems. It didn't display your comments of the solo soju shots between 9:20, when Brett left, to 10:00 when you started dancing.

PS - for the mosquitoes, you need to buy the mosquito plugs that go into the wall. You can find them at any corner store. Mosquitoes are called mogis, in Korean. Hope this helps.