Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Smile!

Hey there! Cindy here.

Here is a funny story for you: Do you remember Tom? The student who brought his hamster to school? Well, this week his homework assignment was to send me an email about his family. Most assignments are done on paper, but I was trying to do something a little different. Yesterday (the last day to submit the homework), I received an email from Tom saying "Teacher I can't do my homework because I do not know your email address".

Another thing that made me smile yesterday- I understood my first Korean sentence! The miracle happened at the grocery store. An employee was explaining to Brett that one of the things he was looking at cost 3000 won, while the other thing he was looking at was two for 3000 won. I nearly did a happy dance right there as I told Brett what the lady was saying. The fact that I understood the sentence has nothing to do with the many hours we have spent at Korean lessons. All the words the employee used I had learned from my students at school. Maybe we should have the students run a class for the teachers!

No comments: