Saturday, September 13, 2008

Holy Cow

Hello everyone! Cindy here. This will be a brief message because I am tired, this internet cafe smells like smoke (you can smoke wherever you want in Korea) and body odour, and the humidity is so high that there are tiny rivers of sweat going down the back of my legs into my shoes as I type this. Yum!

We have made it to Korea. We had a very difficult time getting here....plane malfunction, missed connections and such, but we will write about that in the next blog. Today I am just happy to say that we are here, safe, happy, in a nice (but temporary) apartment, and our bellies are full of real korean food (not ordered by us....since we just stared helplessly at the menu. I am sure there were large question marks in thought bubbles floating above our heads).

Tune is again soon for some photos of our happy faces as we left Toronto, grumpy faces as we waited in Alaska and then Vancouver, and sweaty faces as we explored our busy little neighbourhood!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi cindy and Brett, lucky you are going to teach english and not korean then isnt it. Looking forward to some photos

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely!

Cheryl and Bill said...

Hi Cindy & Brett

Thought we posted a comment here a couple of days ago, but it looks like it didn't take (Like the emails I've been sending... We have been getting your emails, Cindy so I guess the problem is in our replies. I sent a reply from work yesterday and another from home this morning.) Hope the apartment hunting and move go well.