Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Love Potion Number 9

Nine

Drive Thru Coffee

The number nine position on Brett’s countdown of Canadian highlights, icons and memories belongs to Coffee!

If you served a Canadian instant coffee chances are they would throw it back at you. When a Canadian makes coffee they make a pot. However, they don’t often do that either because there is a drive thru coffee shop on just about every second block. We can walk to three from our house, which is sometime easier due to the line up of cars. Add to that the fact that you can buy two regular coffees for under $3 and you have a recipe for addiction.

When I first arrived, one of the local drive through coffee shops was offering 99cent coffees. All sizes! This was going great for us until one day they ran out of large cups and had to give us extra large. This was the start of the downward spiral...

It got to a stage where we we’re planning our days around how and when we we’re gonna get coffee. I just need another fix man! The night that I told Cindy "Make me some coffee, make me some coffee, make me some coffee" in my sleep we knew we had a problem.

We managed to free ourselves from the evil claws of the coffee gods and although Miss Boyes wasn’t her usually perky self for the next week at school, her little monkeys forgave her and we forgot about coffee. At least for a little while....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm coffee.

Cara said...

If you look quickly this seems to say "Love Position." Err, maybe it's just me...