Monday, August 25, 2008

Countdown

As we will soon be leaving Canadian soil I have decided to count down my top 10 Canadian highlights, icons and memories.

Ten

All Things Maple

Cindy has already discussed my attraction (I think she used the word obsession) to Maple products, but hey, has anybody seen the Canadian flag lately? Canada = Maple. That is why it makes the number 10 spot of my countdown. Canada is known as the land of the silver birch and although they are plentiful it is the maple leaf that is the symbol of Canada.

Of course, maple syrup is abundant and when consumed fresh and natural it cannot even be compared to the sugary processed stuff you get from the supermarket. There is also maple butter, maple syrup festivals, maple cookies, maple toffees, maple ice-cream, maple sweets, maple doughnuts and the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Team, known as “the leafs”.

Stay tuned over the following days as I count down my top ten Canadian highlights, icons and memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I ma officially addicted to the Brett and Cindy show. I am glad that your job prospects have become brighter and I wish you both the best of luck and adventure. I have to say that I have also had an affection for the Canadian maple leaf for a long time. I want 'Canadian Maple' trees planted in my yard so I can crunch them with my welly boots. They also make great scrapbooking additions or used to make crayon rubbings. I will stay tuned- keep me entertained.