Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vinyl GoGo a Big NoNo

Hey Gang!

Some of you may remember our photos of the alcoholic drinks served in bags? Well, we decided that Saturday night would be our Vinyl GoGo extravaganza. We went downtown and after a quick dinner, we excitedly wound our way through the confusing, crowded streets and found Vinyl GoGo. There was a small crowd of people standing at the take out window, perusing the drink menu and picking their drink of choice. We could not get over it. We were drinking on the street, along with some other strangers..and nobody cared....actually, the bartender asked if our drinks were strong enough and offered to make them stronger.



Four Vinyl GoGos later, we headed off to a noray bang (singing room) to sing/shout our favourite tunes. This is so much fun. We really think Canada should have this amazing form of entertainment. You sit in a big room with your friends and sing karaoke until you lose your voice. It's not only for foreigners falling over from too many GoGos, it's for everyone! Families go together. Children go with friends. Its a popular way to have fun and relieve stress. I know if we had them in Canada, I could convince some of my friends to go (right Shaun?).


After some dancing at a crowded club, we headed home at the early hour of 4AM. 5 hours later, Vinyl Go Go became filed under the NO NO part of my brain....never will we go go there again. But hey- it was fun before 9AM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy I am very interested in your business proposal...I think you may be onto something here. I also very much enjoy the picture of Brett. I think it encapsulates his musical abilities and the showman that he is. I leave you with this...Billy Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who claims that I am the one. She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son ...

Shaun

Anonymous said...

Yes we have all been there, that point of no return, when the room spins and the floor and ceiling seem to rush in to meet you somewhere in the middle. Yes we have all declared, at some time that we will never, ever ever go back! Cindy, I give you about a week, lol. Mind you for some of us older, wiser socialites those days are dead and buried, in fact I dont think I can ever go there again!!!!! Great to see you are all having a good time though. Graeme (dad)