Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Think, Cindy Teacher, Think.

Some days Cindy Teacher forgets where she is. Here is today's example.

Cindy Teacher is teaching a lovely group of grade 5 students. They are all waiting patiently with their books open and ready. Cindy checks their comprehension of the story.

Cindy Teacher: Why did the lady buy four more doggy treats?

Jessica: Because her dog liked the first one. Can people eat doggy treats too?

Cindy Teacher: Well I guess so, but it probably wouldn't taste very good, and there might be some strange things in them.

David: Strange? Like what?

Cindy Teacher: Ummm, like chicken feet or pig's ears and things people don't usually eat.

Silence goes over the classroom. The students stare at Cindy Teacher with an odd look on their faces.

Jamie: I ate chicken feet this morning.

Jack: My grandma eats them a lot!

Kevin: People don't eat chicken feet? Why? My family eats chicken feet. Is it bad?

Jessica: We use pig's ears in soup.

Cindy Teacher puts her head down on her desk to hide her laughter. She reminds herself to think before she speaks next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing. This is very funny to read. I'm sure it was even funnier in person.
Leanne

Anonymous said...

I think that is the best story so far! Cute.