Monday, January 12, 2009

A Happy Birthday

Christmas, NYE, birthdays... nothing ever really feels quite the same here in Korea. Maybe its the fact that for only the 2nd time in my life I actually had to work (I know, I know, I don't deserve any sympathy) or maybe its the fact that back in OZ temperatures would usually be in the mid to high 30's and here in Daegu were hoping that it will creep back up over zero!

Regardless, I still had a great 26th. Birthday eve was spent with friends at an all you can eat and drink buffet with a live band that played everything from Korean pop songs, to The Black Eyed Peas, Queen and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".

Tonight we avoided rice and kimchi and headed to out local Outback Steackhouse. While Cindy opted for the Alice Springs Chicken, I couldn't go past the Australian Sirlion Steak with steamed vegies, chips and gravy plus a glass of Aussie Cab Sav. Later, Cindy managed to top it all off when she produced a pig/cow ice-cream cake for dessert!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brett. I guess In your time zone it is now a Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a good time at the outback. What a cute cake.

Love Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like a good birthday!
Cara

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT!!! I am not sure exactly what day it would have been here for your birthday but let's just say I celebrated here for/with you. Looks like you had a great one and I hope the rest of the year goes as well as this trip seems to be going so far. We miss you guys and can't wait to chat sometime. Maybe we should arrange a time to meet online or something?? Let us know.
Cheers
Shaun